Friday, November 9, 2007

fun stuff from interbike

So the blog wasn't around when I was @ Interbike so I never got to do a proper report.

I can hardly do one now more than a month after the fact, but I figured it was a good chance to mention a few cool things and put up some funny pictures.

SRAM has a new gruppo coming out called RED. It's Ultralight and works on the same principles as Force and Rival. They had a lot of bikes set out so you could try it. It shifted super smooth and looks pretty slick.

I got to do the photo/autograph thing. I'm not one to get starstruck but there are a Greg Lemond is an exception. I also got a picture with Phil Ligget, because you know...he's Phil Ligget.

I also got pictures with Cyclocross Phenoms Barry WIcks and Ryan Trebon who seem like pretty cool guys. I met them last year and they were nice. Here's a conversation I had with them:

- My friend Wes said I should get a picture with you guys because you're so tall and I'm short.

- Yeah, you are really short=

.


As always, there was some pretty fun stuff there. We ordered some of it. SOmething we got in a few weeks ago but you may not have noticed are KRIEG CYCLING Seat Bags. I actually recognized the guy because he also makes Chalkbags for rock climbing. The cool thing about them is that they are not boring! It's easy to get tired of black nylon everything. If you want to add a little flavor to your bike, you can pick up one of these bad boys. They're not too big and not too small, just enough to hold all the essentials. We have a lot of different styles in the shop, but this one (although flashy) is pretty photogenic as well.

No comments: