- Saturday April 21@ 11am: Proteus to National Arboretum (25-ish miles)
- Sunday April 29 @ 2:30pm: BARC and Patuxent Wildlife Refuge Loop (22 mile loop)Start: 2:30 p.m. at Proteus Bicycles (2 p.m. at New Deal Cafe for Greenbelt riders if you want to ride with us over to the start). This is a moderately paced fun ride with a rest stop at the Refuge Visitors Center. Cookies at the start/finish. FREE
- Saturday May 5 -- Baltimore Kinetic Sculpture Race Start: 9:30 a.m. American Visionary Art Museum Baltimore, MD. Please bring your bikes to ride along with the magnificent moving sculptures, and cheer for the Proteus entry: "The 1 Percent". If you only go to B'more once a year -- kinetic sculpture race day should be the once! FREE
- Sunday May 13 - -- WABA Bike DC (25 miles -- they close the roads and highways to traffic!) Start: 7:30 a.m. NW 3rd Street and Madison (in front of the U.S. Capitol).For those riding to the ride, we're going to leave Greenbelt (New Deal Cafe) at 6:20 a.m. sharp, and College Park (Wells Ice Rink) at 6:45 a.m. Route to the ride here. Additional meetup at ride start will be at 7:30 a.m. in front of the Newseum (6th and Penn Ave. NW). Register under the team named "Proteus Herd" to get discount DCTEAMQ95 REGISTRATION FEE, HELMETS REQUIRED
- Friday May 18 -- WABA Bike to Work Day. Start: The official Greenbelt convoy to DC will leave at 6:30 a.m. from the Greenbelt pool. An unofficial alternative convoy (no stop in College Park) will leave the Greenbelt pool at 7:30 a.m. and arrive in DC at the U.S. Capitol and PA Ave. cycletrack (near the Newseum) at about 8:45 a.m. - 9 a.m. depending on our pace -- we'll guide first timers on the route -- 16.5 miles) Route here (same as getting to BikeDC route)
Proteus will also be making smoothies on the blender bike at the NIH Pitstop. Stop by to say "hi" and pick up some bike blended refreshment!
- Saturday May 19 -- -- WABA and Anacostia Trails -- Rivers to Rockets Ride. Start: 8:30 a.m. Bladensburg Marina Park. Meet us at 8 a.m. to ride from Greenbelt down to the ride start (which then comes back to Greenbelt!) via the beautiful Anacostia Tributary trails. REGISTRATION FEE (INCLUDES LUNCH we THINK)