Sunday, October 12, 2008

New gift cards and a tip for squeezing in more ride time

Last year's gift cards are all gone. Instead of gift cards, they were framed 3-color linoleum reduction prints. We kinda like that idea so we are trying it again. This time, the gift cards are gocco riso prints of a front dropout, hub, axle, and spokes. 36 were made. Hopefully people like them. Here's a picture.



They should be available @ the shop by Thursday.


Fortunately, we all have lives outside of cycling. No matter how obsessed we may seem when talking to people who don't get it, we all still have other things going on in our lives. Sometimes the trivial things in our lives get in the way of riding bicycles, but hopefully riding bicycles never gets in the way of the important things.

I'm a fairly busy guy and I have a hard time squeezing in as much time on the saddle as I'd like. Today, I think I had a good idea. My wife and I had a number of errands to do and one of them involved going to IKEA and buying a set of shelves. The IKEA is about 12 miles from my house. Instead of trying to cram in a ride before we left, I decided to meet her there. I got on google maps, got what seemed to be a decent route, took off and she met me there. It took her about 30 minutes, it took me about an hour. She waited a bit before she left and everything worked out perfectly timewise.

Now, I realize I'm not the first guy to think of this. I'm sure I read this tip someplace else, but what's important is that I'm passing it on. So maybe give it a try, I definitely think that I'll try to do this more often.

No comments: